Orbicon Code of Conduct
Orbicon’s Code of Conduct forms the basis of the Company’s services and is expressed in the first two main statements of the company mission:
The Company offers knowledge-based environmental engineering consultancy services and technical assistance with an emphasis on sustainability and value creation for our customers.
Our solutions must contribute to the improvement of the living- and working environment in the society.
Code of Conduct
The code of conduct applies to all levels of management and all employees in Orbicon. Its principles also apply to agreements with sub-suppliers of consultancy services and other agreements with suppliers.
Orbicon’s code of conduct covers, among other things:
- Environmental responsibility
- Social responsibility: health and safety
- Responsibility for quality
- Responsibility for business integrity
- Responsibility to fight corruption/bribery
A basic element of Orbicon’s primary mission, also to be lived up to by all subsidiaries, is the protection of natural amenities and natural resources. Thus, respect for the environment is a key aspect of the company identity, and is reflected in our environmental business policy:
- Design, planning and implementation of projects must take place in an environmentally responsible manner and in accordance with the Company’s ethical values.
- Through dialogue with customers, Orbicon will seek to fulfil the expectations and stipulations of the customers with regard to the environment.
- Environmental considerations when purchasing materials and services will be included, and our own environmental impact will be limited to the possible extent.
The operation of our company is based on the wish to:
- Reduce relative material consumption and waste volum
- Minimise energy consumption
- Existing legislation will be respected, both in the operation of our own company and as consultant to others.
Social responsibility – health and safety
We strive for social responsibility. This is ensured by:
- Maintaining a personnel policy that sets goals for employees’ professional continuing education and personal development
- Ensuring that there is an active and preventive health and safety effort in the workplace
- Establishing health- and pension agreements for employees that ensure security for employees after their working life
- Creating a management style that permeates the organisation and supports a trusting, confident and developmental atmosphere with room for individuality.
Responsibility for Quality
We strive to make all our customers feel that they are provided with a high quality of service, a quality that lives up to the expectations they will have to us as a service provider, including:
- That all projects are subjected to a systematic quality assurance, and control, including systematic follow-up on any deviations registered
- That we as a company only accept and carry out tasks which are covered within the range of our professional and organisational competences
- That the Company has established internal forums for the accumulation, dissemination and sharing of acquired knowledge
Responsibility for business integrity
The Company has a special historic tradition of integrity, and we acknowledge this as a responsibility of the management of a modern company. We appreciate and respect the relevant guidelines laid down by FIDIC and OECD.
- The Company is at all times to act to the advantage of its customers, and in a manner that ensures optimal profitability for the customer, without endangering the demands and social interests of the society
- The Company must seek to avoid any conflict of interest between the individual customers and other customers, and must inform the customer if a situation occurs that might involve a potential conflict of interest
- The Company will only apply to participate in projects or public tenders under competitive conditions that are compatible with company ethics
- We respect human rights and the political, cultural and religious customs of the countries in which we work
Responsibility to combat corruption/bribery
Orbicon dissociates from corruption and bribery in any form, meaning that:
- The Company does not participate in any form of direct or indirect corruption/bribery as defined by the World Bank for fighting corruption and economic crime. The same stipulation is made to our partners in connection with joint projects.
- We do not support political parties, neither nationally nor internationally.
- We have established procedures ensuring that contributions are not paid to secret funds or the like, and that any payments made clearly specify the service covered and to whom payment is made.
- We give and receive company gifts at a reasonable level, but never in connection with submission of tenders or contracts.
- We only offer consultancy services on conditions of agreement that do not undermine our independence, objectivity and integrity: this also means that we cannot accept remuneration that might prejudice the company.